Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nicola and the Viscount by Meg Cabot



Title: Nicola and the Viscount
Author: Meg Cabot
Genre: YA Romance
Rating: PG, Thumbs Up

What I like: I didn't know what to expect with this book. Some of Meg Cabot's books I love, others I've put down. But this was really different. It wasn't in her quirky tone that Princess Diaries and Airhead were written in, it's more Jane Austin-y, which really surprised me. It was a cute fun read, not a classic per se, but really cute.

Synopsis:
Nicola Sparks is an extremely lucky orphan, stepping into society with the help of her friends and their families. Nicola is infatuated with a Viscount, Lord Sebastian, who amazingly shows interest in her as well. Will Nicola find the love she has been looking for or are Lord Sebastian's intentions driven by something else?

P.S. I think the pink and blue cover makes this book way more appealing, I had a hard time picking it up with the girl in the red dress on it... I have such a hard time not judging books by their cover! Poor authors who get crappy book covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment