Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Airhead, Meg Cabot


Title: Airhead
Author: Meg Cabot
Genre: YA Sci Fi
Rating: PG-13, Thumbs up

What I like: I love the main character Emerson Watts, she is funny, smart, sarcastic, and totally not in the 'in-crowd', she loves hanging out with her best friend Chris and playing video games. I like the plot, because it's a spin off on something that's day been done many times before, but this is fresh and funny. All the romantic elements in this book are really fun, I found my self smiling and laughing while reading this book--and that's always a good sign.

Synopsis: (Spoiler-Alert--I'd rather just have you read it, but if you want to know... here it is) Em Watts is dead. At least her body is, after the tragic accident at the Stark Mega-store grand opening, where one of the plasma t.v.'s came crashing down on her. The thing is at the same time, Stark's face, a beautiful super model Nikki Howard suffered an aneurysm. Both girls are rushed to the hospital where a top-secret transplant takes place. Em Watt's brain wakes up in Nikki Howard's body. And if that's not hard enough, no one outside her immediate family knows she's not dead. Not even her best friend Christopher. Em Watt's has to find a way to be Nikki. Which reminds me the second book "Being Nikki" is really good too. I can't wait for the third book, "Runaway" it comes out May 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment