Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Kid-The last straw, by Jeff Kinney



Title: Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The last straw
Author: Jeff Kinney
Genre:Junior Fiction
Rating:PG, Thumbs way up

What I like: It's hilarious. I was a doubter, and thought, what's the big deal? Even after I read the first ten pages I was like, so what? And then it got funnier and funnier, and I could appreciate the genius it took to write the book--it's all in the magic of layering, he would mentioned something in the diary, and then 10-15 pages later, it would come back up in a hilarious way. The set up was amazing, it's really hard to write humor, I was super impressed and loved the comics that went with it. Now I can't wait to get my hands on the others.

Synopsis: Greg is a seventh grade wimpy kid, who has to put up with alot: his older brother Rodrick harassing him, his baby brother--and his blanket named Tingy, his mom embarrassing him, and now his dad wants to send him to military school! Read along as Greg employs various tactics to avoid the inevitable--Spag Union military academy, before the school year is up and he has to say so long to summer. (This is the third book in the series)

No comments:

Post a Comment