Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It was the best of Birthdays, it was the worst of Birthdays...

Today is my Birthday.  It has been a fabulous day, my husband cleaned the house after I went to bed last night, baby pearl slept the whole night, my friend got me cupcakes from a really good bakery, a billion people wished me happy birthday on facebook, we had a birthday dinner on Sunday with my in-laws, Hubby and baby pearl took me out to eat last night and we played at the park.  My parents/siblings are having us over for a cookout tonight.  S'mores included.  I've gotten calls and cards and presents.  And it's my special birthday...I am twenty five on the 25th.  It's been great.

But it seems even more great in comparison to how the last couple of days have been... Baby Pearl has an ear infection, so we have all been in sleep dept...she woke up at 5:40 yesterday after staying up late and wouldn't go back to bed (it didn't help that husband and I stayed up late watching Hulu).  I dropped a brand new jar of jelly on the ground...it shattered while making Husband breakfast/lunch--he was in a hurry to go to class.  Hubby is stressed with his intersession class he's taking, he's also still working like a dog at his job, he worked a double on Friday, and the night shift on Saturday and still woke up at 7:30 to go to church on Sunday.  I'm pretty sure I broke my pinky toe on Sunday, it's a nice shade of purple--good thing Husband is a Paramedic, he know's how to fix boo-boos, although I'm sure I could have buddy taped my toes myself, it's nice to have a professional do it.  The house has been a massive wreck, because with a screaming kid and a messed up foot, cleaning hasn't been a priority. 

But with all the craziness going on, today has been really awesome.  And I feel so grateful for the twenty five years I've been given...I have so much.  And even though the last few days have not been fun, nothing was ever really that bad...it's easy to get frustrated about the little things, but you look around and realize your problems aren't much to complain about when other people are going through things that are much worse.  I have an awesome husband and daughter, and great friends and family around.  I have an awesome life and can't wait to see what the next quarter of a century brings around.           

No comments:

Post a Comment