Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pearl of Wisdom



"For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
the saddest are these: It might have been."
John Greenleaf Whittier, Maud Muller

I just heard this quote recently, and took a moment to read the poem--and it just amazes me what people can do with words. So I've been thinking to avoid these words(it might have been)what am I going to put on my bucket list:

*go to Spain
*publish my novel
*go skinny dipping (jk mom)
*Be on an episode of Sesame Street

Which brings me to the next question--How do you make it happen?
I realize I need to go finish "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch, but other than that I also want to be realistic, I just read this stat off of an agent's blog (one who is on the top of my list to submit my MS to):

"In the first three months of 2010, we received 1,297 queries....I didn’t sign any new clients in the first three months of 2010. Still, just to get a full request? We’re looking at only .2% of all queries received."

Yaouch .2% let me type that again .02%!@#$*

So I guess I need to get my nose back to the grindstone, rework my query, and probably get two new readers--And then book a flight to Spain.

RBP

No comments:

Post a Comment