Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Awesome Series...


Title: Mockingjay
Author: Suzanne Collins
Rating: pg-13, Thumbs-up
Genre: Dystopian YA

What I thought:  This book was so intense.  It had to be to top off the build-up from the previous books... but I found my jaw dropping frequently.  Collins was so true to her characters and the situation it was amazing.  I couldn't have done that.  She put them through so much pain and really reflected how they would feel.  I felt that the first hundred pages were long because I was so used to Katniss being in the middle of combat, but at the same time it was necessary to the story.  I really liked the turns in the plot...I can't say I was happy at the end of the book because of the emotional roller-coaster I had ridden, but I wasn't disappointed.    

Synopsis:
Book Trailer


Title:  Only the Good Spy Young
Author: Ally Carter
Genre: YA
Rating: G, Thumbs up

What I thought:  This was the best of the Gallagher Girl Series.  I loved it.  The plot was awesome:  Super cute and suspenseful at the same time.  I love the characters, it's fun to watch them grow and change with each book--they are really tangible.  I'm so excited for the next book.  

Synopsis:
http://www.allycarter.com/books/only-good-spy-young/synopsis

No comments:

Post a Comment