Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

I just read this blog post by Meg Cabot about what it was like to be in New York City on 9/11.  I was a junior in High School  when the attack happened.  I was sitting in Mrs. Ackerman's English Class watching  the news and just plain shocked at what was going on.

Grab a box of kleenex before you read it.

I really just want to say how grateful I am to live in a country where Terrorist attacks aren't part of every day life, that I have a safe place to raise my family, and for people who risk their lives to help others.

2 comments:

  1. i had ms. ackerman as well. junior year, but i think i was in 8th grade. let's see, maybe 6th? 7th? anyways, i had no idea what was going on, they wouldn't let us watch the news, and the principle came and spoke to my class in the library. my mom was cleaning the kitchen when she found out. during the o.k.c. tragedy, i was at home watching t.v. and the house shook and there was a loud noise. mom was talking to the neighbors outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that was a very humbling paper by meg cabot. i laughed, cried, got goosebumps, she's amazing, and what a tribute. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete