Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Powerless by Matthew Cody


Title: Powerless
Author:  Matthew Cody
Genre: Middle Grade, Superhero
Rating: Thumbs up (Best MG book I've read this year)

What I liked:  This book is so cute.  It has really great twists for a superhero story.  The main character has no powers and this is what actually helps save him and his friends (who do have superpowers).  I think this would really resonate with Middle Grade readers, because everything revolves around the time before you grow up.  No grown-ups have the powers, only the kids.  I just love this idea.  This is a great boy book if you know any guys this age, especially if they have a hard time finding books (girls will love it too though :) ).  My favorite line of the book trailer is:  "You don't need superpowers to be a hero."

Synopsis:  http://www.matthewcody.com/books.html

Really cute book trailer.

1 comment:

  1. awe, this looks really cute! Great premise too- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete