Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WIP: Brainstorm Edition


My last Beta read my MS.  Dun Dun Duuunnnn!

I've got some tweaking to do.  Tweaking's good.

Need to fill out the ending.
Beef up a couple of characters.
Sprinkle in with some minor details.
Play with the idea of a Prologue.

And then Viola... I'll be done and buy a ticket to query land.

Wait what?  A PROLOGUE...but you never even read those... 


Yes I know a Prologue.  I've started sketching out a couple.  IT'LL BE SUPER SHORT I PROMISE.  We'll see how it goes... If I can possibly insert some of the information/story of my villain in a different way--I will do it.  But right now this seems like the most smooth/best way to get 'er done.

What do you think?

Do you like writing or reading prologues?

Are they confusing? Do they add anything?

I'm curious what other people think.  In the meantime I'm going to keep reading this awesome blog I just found:     Between Fact and Fiction--Natalie Whipple

She has amazing insight and has helped me not throw in the towel... go check out her archives with stuff about:  writing a synopsis, critique groups, querying.  It's great.

 I'm seriously addicted to chalk... 

2 comments:

  1. First off, I love your boot.

    I don't read prologues if they are super-duper long. I like short blips that pique your interests, making you ready to dive into the book and find out what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not opposed to prologues like many people seem to be. The way I figure it is ... if the writer thinks it should be included, then it should and the reader should read it. I just don't get the hate toward prologues.

    I wrote a prologue for the book I did last year. But after seeing so much dislike for them, I started to think if I actually needed it or if I could work it into the story later. I'm still undecided.

    ReplyDelete