Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Part 3: TTWTPOPW, RR and BS, WP v. WB, WV

Writer's Pause v. Writer's Block:

I don't think I've ever really experienced writer's block, but more of writers pause--like I'm not sure where to go with my story next.

I'm more easily distracted during these pauses...  I read through all archived posts of every blog on my reader... actually look/update my facebook and check my email compulsively.

So my cure for writer's pause is to get out a notebook.

For some reason it feels less permanent to write in my notebook then opening up my WIP on the computer...that sounds stupid.  It's true.  Maybe it's because I edit and change it when I stick it into my story.  Or maybe it's the fact that I can't check my email while writing in my notebook.  

Anyway next time you get writer's pause--I'd highly recommend it.  Paper is just easier to brainstorm on.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. And I should do it, because I've been on pause for over an hour now! but at least I get to comment on this post :)

    ReplyDelete