Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

half marathon

Why, oh why am I up this early?  I'm an at home mom.  I don't have to acknowledged the time change...ever... okay we do, but, you know, like two weeks later.

But here I am ready to start the day... in the dark lonely world.

At least the rest of my family is asleep.

So yesterday I decided it's time.  I need to run a half marathon.  I'm almost embarrassed that I haven't--is that weird? Uh, yeah, probably.  I've run this far--but not for a long, long, long time--that was back in college, but I've never raced at this distance.  I've done the 5-k a ton, a few 10k's, and a load of triathlons, but never a half marathon.  I picked a race date, I made a schedule... so why am I sitting at the computer?

I'm posting this so I have to commit.  I like running, not usually before the sun comes up, but eh, what are you going to do?

So here goes, to the first day of training--a two mile run.

See ya on the flip side,
Red  

1 comment:

  1. I pat myself of the back if I can run a mile straight, so I'm super impressed by the 5K alone. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete